Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Concert


I told Sarah last week that I knew what I wanted for my birthday this year. I never usually decide at all, but just say, "Whatever...." (Never the answer she's looking for.) I told her that this year I'd like to have a house concert and invite people out to enjoy some awesome music together. She said that would be great! And because it's really easier for us to throw an event in one of the big rooms here, we hope a lot of friends and music fans will come out!

So I am excited to invite you to Sabine Creek Ranch on Friday, March 23 at 6:45 for a concert by Beth Wood. I first became acquainted with Beth's music on a new show I really enjoy called Troubadour Texas, which follows the lives and music of independent artists from the Lone Star State. (I record them all...check it out on Channel 21 on Sunday evenings!)

Beth now lives in Oregon, but makes it back to Texas often.

The Washington Post says, “Beth Wood is a musical triple-threat — a thoughtful songwriter and talented multi-instrumentalist with a supple, soulful voice.”

Lone Star Music Magazine describes her music by saying, "...this is the work of a genuine artist with a remarkable voice determined to make meaningful and lasting art.”

My main criteria, though, was that I liked her music! Check out the video below if you'd like to hear a little more.

Details:
  • What: Beth Wood in concert at Sabine Creek Ranch
  • When: Friday, March 23. Arrive 6:45, Show starts at 7:15.
  • Who: Adults only for this performance. Spread the word and bring friends!
  • Cost: $10 per person at the door will support Beth in her musical journey.
  • Why: Just for fun and because music is a great thing!
  • Contact: eddie@sabinecreek.com for details.